Welcome to My Personal Page
Welcome to my Ride page!
This is my second year participating in the Ride to Conquer Cancer. I will be cycling 200+ km to offer moral support to cancer patients and survivors, and in memory of those we lost. The event also raises money for cancer research and programs that support cancer patients and their families.
Like last year, I have a list of specific people I'm dedicating my fundraising and riding efforts to. (Near the end of last year's Ride, I took time to think about each of those people, and it was a bit of an emotional moment for me.)
1. My close friend Jacob continues to battle esophageal cancer.
2. Former Prospera Centre staffer Adam Ouellette is currently battling testicular cancer.
3. Former Chilliwack Bruin Cody Smuk, who died of testicular and lung cancer in June 2015.
4. My Nana, Rene Lund, who died of bone cancer in 1995.
5. My former co-worker Gale Brown, who died of lung cancer in February 2017.
6. Cst. John Davidson of the Abbotsford PD, who was a Cops for Cancer cyclist in 2017. My sister and my best friend knew both him and his family (and I know his daughter Dina slightly).
7. 11-year-old Carter Johnson - a former student at my Mom’s school and a Cops for Cancer Hero - who lost his battle with bone cancer in March 2018.
8. Terry Fox, one of my lifelong heroes.
9. Pretty much all of you have lost someone to cancer. I’m doing this for you, and for their memory.
10. The countless cancer survivors I know. You are the evidence that science and medicine can win this fight, and that those who are fighting can have hope!
Funds raised through The Ride for the BC Cancer Foundation will support cancer research, treatment, and services at the BC Cancer Agency, a leader in cancer research and treatment.
I've already got my bike and helmet, but I must raise $2,500 in donations to participate -- so I will need your help!
My Participant ID: 323415-2
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.