Welcome to My Personal Page
Support My Ride to Conquer Cancer®
Hello to anyone checking out my page! In August of 2016 I tackled the BC Ride to Conquer Cancer. It was an absolutely amazing experience - 48 hours of being constantly inspired by the stories of my fellow riders, and the stories of what the funds raised go on to support.
In 2017 I'm riding again. I plan to be more prepared physically, and I'm definitely more prepared due to my experience with the 2016 ride.
I am riding for:
- My dad. He is a cancer survivor and was cured because of major advancements in treatment for his specific type of cancer - something that the money raised by the ride goes to research for all cancers out there.
- Rosemarie Fulbrook, the mother of my very close friends. She passed away in 2015 after a multi-year battle with lung cancer.
- Ildiko Schwammenschneider, my great aunt who passed just weeks before my August 2016 ride. I missed her memorial service because it occurred the weekend of the Ride, and I thought of her often along the route.
- Sandor Schwammenschneider, my great uncle who passed in March 2017 after a battle with lung cancer.
- the son of a friend from high school who is currently battling Leukemia - the same strain of Leukemia his mother battled in her youth. This generational occurrence is unheard of, and we need more research to improve cancer treatment for children.
I need to feel that I can help somehow and if that means suffering a comparably tiny bit to get more money to make more critical advancements in research then I'm all in.
Contribute to this powerful movement with a donation. Funds raised through the Ride to Conquer Cancer will support life-saving research and enhancements to care at the BC Cancer Agency, bringing hope to cancer patients in B.C. and beyond.
Thank you in advance for your help. If you have any questions at all about what I'm doing as part of this please don't hesitate to let me know. You all are the best.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.