My 2017 Ride to Conquer Cancer
Support Rob's Ride to Conquer Cancer
Welcome to Rob's Ride! The Ride to Conquer Cancer presented by Silver Wheaton benefiting BC Cancer Foundation, is a two-day cycling journey, through the beautiful Pacific region taking place in the summer. The Ride in 2015 was truly epic, with heavy rain, winds that ranged from 70 to 100 kms per hour, and new friends who made success possible. Try riding into those headwinds for 7 hours without friends! 2016 was a beautiful ride. My new friends from 2015 became my team for 2016. Several of us rode together on the first day, and we rode in several larger groups on the second day. There were 75 on our team!
Every year, it seems, I have more friends and family members who receive the diagnosis that no one wants to hear, "You have cancer." Or, "You're cancer has returned." Advances are constantly being made in research because of the funds raised by events like this ride. Groundbreaking treatments are extending lives and giving people clear scans. It feels like we are so close. We can't stop until we have found a way to cure every type of cancer.
My goal is to raise $2,500. I would love to make that $25,000 or $50,000. Please consider becoming a part of my ride and a part of this journey through a donation to my ride.
In memory to family and friends that I have lost who had cancer...
- Grandma - She always had a big hug for each one of us kids. A favourite memory is being sent out to the back yard to pick raspberries to put on some icecream for dessert. We would dutifully go out and pick raspberries - one for the bucket, four for my mouth, one for the bucket - it's amazing we ever had any for the icecream!
- Mavis - A favourite memory is sitting in your living room enjoying a long afternoon conversation about life, family, growing up - I only wish we could have had more of those conversations. I still think you looked like Meg Ryan.
- Lisa - An absolutely amazing woman who's life and faith impacted everyone she met. I will always remember the memorial service that was a testament to her life, her love of family, of friends, and of God - Lisa will be missed by all of us. My love and prayers to the family - to Dave, my best friend forever, and their kids - Lindsey, Sarah and Eric.
- Ron - A man that spent his life giving to others. The week that he passed away he held a clinic in his hospital room for staff at the hospital to work on their stethoscopes. He always had a hug, a kind word, a glass of wine, or a listening ear when you needed it. A truly great and inspiring man that we all miss.
- Heather - A gentle soul who loved very deeply. A lover of animals, I know she is now visiting all of our furry family at the Rainbow Bridge and giving them lots of love on her journey through.
- Bill - Director, Choreographer, Actor - he did it all, and with style. I was honoured to be able to be a part of Dorothy Gets Scrooged and Musical of Musicals, The Musical! with him this past Christmas and spring. He touched many lives and we are going to miss him greatly!
Contribute to this history-making event with a donation. Funds raised through the Ride to Conquer Cancer will support life-saving research and enhancements to care at the BC Cancer Agency, bringing hope to cancer patients in B.C. and beyond.
Thank you in advance for your help.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.