Select a Team Member
Your donation will count towards the team’s fundraising total. In addition, please give credit to the person that asked for your support to recognize them for their efforts to conquer cancer.
Breast Foot Forward
Welcome to Team Breast Foot Forwards (BFF) 2020 Ride to Conquer Cancer donation page!!
This will be BFF’s 13th year in the RTCC and because we have collectively raised more than $1 million dollars as a team in that time, we were inducted in the RTCC Hall of Fame, just last year!! A truly epic honour!!
BFF is teaming up once again for The Enbridge® Ride to Conquer Cancer® benefiting Princess Margaret Cancer Centre! It’s a two-day, 220+ kms, cycling journey through the southern Ontario countryside that we’ll be making on June 13/14, 2020. You, our friends have donated, helped, supported and after 12 years and counting, our Ontario ride has raised an unbelievable $235 million. Thank you all for your kindness and being part of the solution.
The team was founded thanks to the inspiration of Pepper Kemp-Bottos who taught us that small but mighty works. Her spirit was infectious and relentless and we want to share that spirit with you.
Do you know why we ride? One word……..”believe”!! We believe so strongly that we are making a difference as a community of riders. All our proceeds from our awesome ride goes towards the immediately gets in the hands of the PMCC, one of the top 5 cancer research facilities in the world. Not only does the PMCC treat and care for over 1000 patients a day but the PMCC boosts the following....
• Their research enterprise is comprised of over 850 research staff, including: 44 senior scientists, 251 clinical researchers and scientists, as well as 259 research trainees.
• They run the world's largest single-site radiation medicine program.
• They run Canada's largest clinical trial program where 1 in 6 new patients is enrolled in a study. (17% of patients versus 4% in the U.S.)
• They have the largest surgical oncology team in Canada and one of the largest in the world.
• Their cancer surgeons, along with a multi-disciplinary team of specialists, led the development of the Guided Therapeutics Operating Room (GTx OR), the largest and most technologically advanced research operating room in Canada.
• We have one of the largest stem cell transplant units in Canada.
Training is underway to get in shape 220kms in June. The training and then riding from Toronto to Niagara Falls is the easy part. The hard part is raising the minimum $2,500 each from the same circle of friends that have been so generous over the last 12 years. We are up for this challenge because we constantly remind ourselves, that this challenge is nothing compared to those who have battled this awful disease.
These wonderful people that we have lost over the years have changed our lives forever, we hug longer, we love stronger, we live life to the very fullest every day. They all are the reasons we ride and they are the fuel to our legs and lungs.
We are deeply grateful to all of you that have donated to our ride in the past. We ask again that you donate to our ride in any small way you can to allow us, to ride this ride in June.
Thank you in advance for your support & generosity.
Your BFF Team