Welcome to my Personal Page
Support My Ride to Conquer Cancer
Welcome to my Personal Page! The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting the Segal Cancer Centre at the Jewish General Hospital is a cycling journey through Quebec’s countryside - a ride that I’m embarking on to do my part to help defeat cancer. It will be a challenge in a number of ways, but with my bike, my helmet, and your generosity, a real impact will be made!
Contribute to this history-making event with a donation. Funds raised in The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer will support breakthrough research, exemplary teaching, and compassionate care at the Jewish General Hospital.
This will be my 5th year to participate in this ride to conquer cancer:
- The first year I was motivated to ride to raise money by my close friend and coworker who succumbed to mesothelioma.
- I dedicated my ride the next year to my mother, who died of breast cancer when I was 16.
- In Year #3 I rode in honor of Cindy's (my wife's) mother, Marjorie, who died of lung cancer when Cindy was just 18.
- Last year I proudly rode in honor of a cancer survivor -- my sister who survived breast cancer and is doing great today. Congratulations, Marsha!
- This year, I'll ride for my maternal grandfather who died of cancer when I was too young to know much about cancer. I remember the last time I saw Grandpa. This was in the late 50's or very early 60's. He had been in and out of the hospital. He and grandmother were avid campers. I saw Grandpa backing up the pickup with the camper shell in the bed of the pickup, getting ready to go camping one more time. I noticed the strange bumps on his head and thought, "Those lumps on his face and head must must be that cancer they talk about." It turned out to be their last camping trip -- he died soon after that.
Please help me reach my goal so that the risk of contracting/dying of cancer can someday be at least a rarity, if nonexistent.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.